Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mujer al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios (or, Will This Pregnancy Ever End?)

Hello to friends, family and any curious onlookers!

I've been inspired by my new mom-pal Jesica's blog, and figured this would be an easy way to post pictures and keep you all up-to-date (as much as you so desire) as to our family's activities, current obsessions and the like.

So, I'm four days away from my Expected Due Date (which seems to fall somewhere between numerology and the predictions of Nostradamus for accuracy) with son number two, and have officially entered the "homocidal maniac" phase of late pregnancy. Yeah, good thing I'm on leave from teaching yoga now! Actually, though, I have to count my blessings as this has been a really gorgeous summer in Buffalo--far more bearable than the record-heat New Mexico summer of the first pregnancy.

We are getting super-excited for the birth. We're planning another homebirth, and we are ecstatic to have found, rather at the last minute, an amazing midwife to assist us. Idris gets along great with her, which has helped Andrew and I to feel even more psyched about this family event. Homebirth services in Western New York have been, for a long time, about as easy to come by as honest people in the White House (which is to say, "Good Freakin' Luck"); however, our midwife has recently decided to come back to practice, and she has a back-up M.D. who is not only super supportive of home birth, but has decided to get involved in helping to open a birth center! This is FANTASTIC news for women in Western New York. We'll throw up some pictures after the little guy's arrival.

In the meantime, I'll try to get some photo illustrations of our summer up. We miss you all, friends and loved ones, and hope to see you soon. I am desperately homesick for the Southwest and starving for green chile. What else are you supposed to eat when trying in induce labor?

Love to everyone.
Erin

3 comments:

soup to bones said...

Here's wishing you a speedy delivery! I wish I could be there soon after to toast you with one of those home-brewed beauties.

See you in September!
-Emily

Unknown said...

I love your blog and Dennis and I hope we can hang out with you and your family more as we both feel a connection with you guys maybe it is the Southwest connection or the homebirthing thing or so many other similarities!

cake said...

so happy you started a blog.